PRIVATE TRAINING CLASSES
Our courses are conducted like guided labs, where your time is spent building a private cloud and developing skills working directly on OpenNebula.
STANDARD AND CUSTOMIZED COURSES
Our Training Services team offers a Cloud Operator and Architect course that provides your IT staff with the skills they need to install, configure, customize and operate OpenNebula. For customers or partners that require training to meet specific needs, we offer custom-designed, on-site training courses.
OpenNebula Fundamentals: Cloud Operator and Architect
The course covers the process of installing, configuring and operating private, public and hybrid clouds using OpenNebula. Additionally the program briefly addresses the integration of OpenNebula with other components in the data center.
Private courses are available on request. See schedule for the upcoming public classes.
Specifically designed for:
- IT Administrators
- Data Center Staff
- System Administrators
- Systems Integrators
- System Architects.
Introduction, Installation and Configuration
- An introduction to cloud computing with OpenNebula
- The architecture of the cloud
- Planning and installing OpenNebula
- Configuration and basic usage
- Host Subsystem: Monitoring configuration and host management
- Storage Subsystem: Datastores configuration and image management
- Network Subsystem: Network configuration and virtual network management
- Virtualization Subsystem: Hypervisor configuration and VM management
- Cluster Subsystem: Cluster configuration and management,
- Scheduler: Scheduling configuration and policies
- Users Subsystem: AAA (Authentication, authorization and accounting)
- Multiple zones and virtual data centers
- Hybrid/public deployments
Extension and Integration
- Integration APIs
- Hooks and high availability
- Customization of subsystems
16 hours in 2 or 3 days
- Describe the features and benefits of using virtualization and clouds
- Describe different architectures for a cloud that can be deployed with OpenNebula
- Deploy and configure OpenNebula
- Operate an OpenNebula cloud instance
No prior OpenNebula skills are required, but participants should have working knowledge of virtualization, networking and Unix/Linux systems.
The course includes hands-on exercises to be performed using attendee’s wifi-enabled laptops with VirtualBox installed. The attendees will build, configure and operate their own OpenNebula cloud.
PRIVATE TRAINING PRICING
- On-line: €5.000 ($6,250) for up to 8 students, then €500 ($625) per additional student up to 12
- Europe, Canada and USA On-site: €6.000 ($7,500), plus travel expenses, for up to 8 students, then €500 ($625) per additional student up to 12
- Rest of World: €7.000 ($8,750), plus travel expenses, for up to 8 students, then €500 ($625) per additional student up to 12
Additional fees apply for customized training.