PRIVATE TRAINING CLASSES
Our courses are conducted like guided labs, where your time is spent building a private cloud and developing skills working directly on OpenNebula.
STANDARD AND CUSTOMIZED COURSES
Our Training Services team offers a Cloud Operator and Architect course that provides your IT staff with the skills they need to install, configure, customize and operate OpenNebula. For customers or partners that require training to meet specific needs, we offer custom-designed, on-site training courses.
OpenNebula Fundamentals: Cloud Operator and Architect
The course covers the process of installing, configuring and operating enterprise clouds and virtualized data centers using OpenNebula. Additionally the program addresses advanced topics and provides a very brief introduction to integration of OpenNebula with other components in the data center. This is an interactive course, where the attendees operate on their own labs with a 3-node OpenNebula cloud, which are provided during the course.
OpenNebula provides an abstraction layer on top of the infrastructure and technologies deployed in the datacenter. In order for the attendees to get the best understanding possible of OpenNebula as a whole, the labs used during the course make use of the most common open-source technologies that can be used to deploy an OpenNebula cloud. For example, the hypervisor technology used during the course will be KVM, shared file-system for storage, and regular linux bridges and linux firewall for networking. Other technologies supported by OpenNebula will be addressed and discussed as well. For example, there is an entire topic devoted to using vCenter as the hypervisor.
Private courses are available on-site at your facility or remotely over the internet. The remote courses are given by the same instructors in an interactive, virtual environment and feature exactly the same contents and hands-on labs as the on-site training.
Specifically designed for:
- IT Administrators
- Data Center Staff
- System Administrators
- Systems Integrators
- System Architects.
Introduction, Installation and Configuration
- An introduction to cloud computing with OpenNebula
- The architecture of the cloud
- Planning and installing OpenNebula
- Configuration and basic usage
- Host Subsystem: Monitoring configuration and host management
- Storage Subsystem: Datastores configuration and image management
- Network Subsystem: Network configuration and virtual network management
- Virtualization Subsystem: Hypervisor configuration and VM management
- Cluster Subsystem: Cluster configuration and management,
- Scheduler: Scheduling configuration and policies
- Users Subsystem: AAA (Authentication, authorization and accounting)
- VDCs and Federation
- Service management with OneFlow
- Hybrid/public deployments
Extension and Integration
- Integration APIs
- Hooks and high availability
- Customization of subsystems
Attendees are grouped into groups of one or two people. Each group receives a lab, consisting of one OpenNebula frontend node and two hypervisors, accessible through SSH. Attendees are the owners and administrators of their labs. They are able to launch virtual machine, make any configuration changes, debug any problems, access the GUI and the CLI.
16 hours in 2 or 3 days
- Describe the features and benefits of using virtualization and clouds
- Describe different architectures for a cloud that can be deployed with OpenNebula
- Deploy, configure and operate OpenNebula
- Design advanced cloud environments
- Understand how to customize the Cloud by developing scripts using the API
No prior OpenNebula skills are required, but participants should have working knowledge of virtualization, networking and Unix/Linux systems.
The instructor will rely on a set of PDF documents that will be explained throughout the course. These documents will be made available to the attendees right at the very beginning of the course. Attendees need a laptop to connect to their hands-on labs.
PRIVATE TRAINING PRICING
Additional fees apply for customized training. There is a 20% discount on private training for active customers and partners, and 10% for Education, Government and Non-Profit institutions or organizations working in research projects.